Sunday, June 6, 2010

Update/ Sunday June 6th, 2010 10:24PM

I am excited to say it has been an uneventful few days!!! Lots of resting and relaxing. Something we obviously did not get enough of, because it is very blissful and we are so grateful to have it right now. With the perseverance of a lion...Nick is walking to the end of our street a couple times of day, doing his arm/hand exercises throughout the day. Little steps, but all in the right direction. I am so proud of my Nick and Aaron. Both are such a joy and blessing to me. I really do not know what I did to deserve two such amazing guys in my life.

At first I was overwhelmed when Nick came home. I felt like I wasn't prepared mentally or physically to take care of him. But the Lord has given me such incredible strength to do it.....and do it with joy. There has been a lot of laughing going on in our house lately. It is crazy that we are walking through this storm and we can still laugh. That is what God is doing for us. He gets all the glory for that and so much more!!! For it is Him that fills our hearts everyday with gladness. I am always amazed but never surprised by the great things the Lord does in our life because of our never ending faith in Him. Philippians 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

It has not always easy to have faith during the difficult times, but as we have grown closer to our Father and strive to live daily by his Word, our faith has grown stronger. God wants us to fully rely on His love. 1 John 4:16 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. I don't know about you...but it is an immense comfort knowing I have someone who loves me so much and wants to carry my burdens for me. Matthew 11:30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Not every day is packed full of laughter, there are days when we shed many tears. But we know we are not alone because our Lord is always with us. He will never leave us. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Wow...we never have to be alone!! I know there are times we all feel so alone.But we can hold on to those words in Deuteronomy 31:6 and know that God's promises will never fail us.

Keepin' the Faith,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment