Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wednesday, December 29th, 2010

The transition to the McGraw Hospice facility is done. A little rocky, several delays, but hopefully we will all be in sync for Nick's sake very soon. They have begun an IV drip of Morphine. Prayers please for pain relief. The steroids make Nick feel very agitated. They have already begun to wean him off of them, so hopefully that anxious feeling will start to subside.

He will complete radiation while there. They transport to Mayo for that. (McGraw is right up the street from Mayo). Their goal is to find that right level of pain medication for relief, but also be able to function. Then they will teach me how to use the pump (more prayers there please). I know I have done a lot of care taking, but have not had to deal with this sort of thing, it makes me a little nervous.

There are so many emotions filtering through me everyday. There are times of sadness that just overtake me, and then there are times I am just to exhausted to shed one tear. I am feeling shocked/numb at the fast progression of this. It is hard for my mind to keep up with it. In our private moments Nick shares so openly all of his sufferings physically and emotionally. I have been talking about Heaven with him a lot, about all he has to look forward to. He asked me today, tears streaming down his face " I wonder what that moment will be like?" I replied "GLORIOUS!!". Then later I thought, yes so glorious for him, but so heartbreaking for us, even though my heart knows he will be rejoicing with his King!

God is certainly showering me and Aaron with His peace and His supernatural strength.How else could we be doing this? This journey requires us to walk so closely with our Heavenly Father and clinging to His promise to carry us and sustain us through anything.

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

Nick is in room 504. If you plan on stopping in for a visit please do so after 1:00. The doctor at Hospice said he may be pretty drowsy for a couple of days until the Morphine levels off in his system. Mornings are hectic with shift changes and he has radiation at 11:30. If you would like to send him a card the address is:

McGraw Center for Caring
Nicholas Badida
Room 504
4715 Worrall Way
Jacksonville, FL 32224


I can never end these updates without thanking you all for for your love and prayers. Our hearts are so thankful for precious gems God has blessed us with. YOU!!

Surrounded by His Love,

The Badidas



No comments:

Post a Comment