Friday, August 19, 2011

August 21st, 2011

A friend recently asked me how difficult it was to change my marital status to widow on
Facebook. Just a quick click of a button and I went from "we" to just "me." Those times can be painful, but they can also be stepping stones to healing.

No one ever thinks they will have to check that box on anything, but that is the season that I am in right now. I can either choose to embrace it and move on or deny it and stay right where I am at. Surprisingly, it comes up a lot. I recently received an invitation to an event and it asked me to RSVP for myself or myself, plus one. I will be honest...that was a tearful moment. Nick had always been my plus one. It definitely made think about the adjustments that I have made and will continue to have to make.

On paper it may say that I am widowed, but in my heart I am still married. I really have come to rely on my Heavenly Father for that boldness to step out on my own. He can and does give me that unshakable confidence to move forward. God is amazing about placing people in my life that encourage me through each trying time, and many tears. Sometimes, though, I feel like He wants me to go at things alone so He can continue to transform me into the woman that He knows I am capable of being. It is amazing the strength that you can and will gain when you have to take those big steps in life by yourself.

It feels very strange to me to be referred to or labeled as a widow. I am still Mrs. Badida, a mother, a sister, a friend, and a Christ follower who is just learning to live and I am so thankful and humbled that God is always there to be my plus one.

I wanted to share something with you from a daily devotional I recently read and found so encouraging:

Living in dependence on Me is a glorious adventure. You begin to see each day with joyful expectation, watching to see what I will do.You keep your plans tentative, knowing that My plans are far superior. When you depend on Me continually, your whole perspective changes.--Jesus Calling Daily Devotional

I hope it will encourage you too!

Blessings and Joyful Expectations Always,

Tammy













No comments:

Post a Comment