Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15th, 2011

Lately, it seems like I been doing a lot reflecting about so many of the small things that I never expected to miss in my life. I feel a little naive that I actually even thought that way. What may have seemed so small and insignificant a couple of years ago, feels so big when it unexpectedly grabs a hold of my heart.

I miss just sitting on the couch in the evenings with my man, snuggling up so close to him and having that comfort of feeling so protected. I often said Nick was not only my husband, but my best friend and I miss being able to share my secrets with him. I miss having that person to take care of me when I am sick or just being there to talk to when I need to vent or need some advice. I miss having that person that would be in my corner no matter what! Nick was definitely my warrior!

You see it's the small things that you remember when someone is gone. Things that money or status can't give you. That close connection with another human being that you love, admire and long to be with. The simple, everyday things that most of us don't think twice about until we are faced with not having them in our life anymore.

What used to sound so cliche" to me, makes so much sense to me now. All those things we have all heard before. Don't take the people you love for granted. Take time to live, laugh and love with those that mean the most to you. Treasure those moments snuggling with your spouse and your kids.

I do feel like I have a new found appreciation for the smaller things in life now. I love just sitting with my son talking, laughing big and just watching him grow into the remarkable young man that God wants him to be. I just want to soak up every moment of it, because soon he will be venturing off to the next phase of his own journey. I try and take each thing that God blesses me with and bask in it. Notice I said I try! It's not always easy for me to slow down. Even though I will occasionally reflect on and miss the "small" things my choice is not to dwell in them, but instead be thankful for the abundant life that God has so graciously blessed me with now.

Family and friends that love, pray for, and encourage me are the "big things" in my heart and in my life.


“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” -Robert Brault
(in my opinion one of the best and truest quotes ever!)


Much Love and Many Blessings,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment