Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday May 22nd

Today was a pretty good day. Nick said he felt more tired today. He has become very hoarse. Didn't want to talk a lot. But he ate well, did a little physical therapy. The advisor from Brooks Rehabilitation came by and did an evaluation. It looks like he will be going inpatient there. My Mom was at Brooks twice and they were awesome both times. So we think that will be a real blessing as far as getting him mobile again both with his arm/hand and back.

You all are so sweet about wanting to come and visit. I keep hoping they will get him transferred to a regular room, but they are still saying they have none available. There is a sign posted on his door that says limited visitation, family only (pastors of course). I promise as soon as he is transferred I will post room number and you are all more than welcome to visit!!! It is kind of good right now because he is able to get rest and really try and rest his throat from the hoarseness that has come on. I try to keep you all updated and I tell him of ALL the well wishes being sent his way. I read him the texts I get throughout the day as well. He feels the love!! And he loves you all so much! His heart is full.

His ICU room is starting to fill up with some cards. I read them all to him. I have a bag ready to pack them up and take them to the next destination.You never know what will encourage someone and the cards do!! There is a slight chance he may go directly from ICU to Brookes either Monday or Tuesday if they cannot get him in a regular room. And I know there is visitation there. But again will keep you posted.

We are blessed! God has promised to take care of us and He is, He always will. We are encouraged every day by the progress we are seeing. We are strengthened daily, because He gives us strength. We are so hopeful because He provides us with so much hope. One of my favorite verses "The Joy of the Lord is your strength" Neh 8:10. That is what I pray people see, that our strength comes from our joy that we have in our Savour no matter what the circumstance is. Yes, we have our moments of fear and the "what if's" but they quickly fade once we begin praying. The Bible says pray for everything big or small and believe and it will be yours:

Mark 11:23-24... I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, "May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea, and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours."

Thank you for praying and believing with and for our family. We are blessed to have such amazing family & friends.

Joyous and free,
The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment