Monday, July 5, 2010

July 5th 2010

Wow, seems like this week flew by. I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!! Thank you so much for checking on us. I know I have not updated the blog in a while, but praise the Lord I have not had to much to report on.

Our days continue to be up and down. One day Nick will sleep most of the day and then the next day he will be up and around. He went to the beach today and got some fresh air. I could tell he really enjoyed that. The worst side effects from the radiation seem to be periodic times of fatigue and difficulty swallowing. The only thing he has scheduled for tomorrow is blood work-up, so after that we will try to get in with Dr Snead to see if he can get something done about the swallowing issue. Also his scar on his back has a little opening on it that looks infected. We were told the radiation could cause the healing process to slow and possibility of an infection, so we will call Dr. Pirris in the morning and see if we can get in to see him as well.

As you see even though we only have one thing scheduled tomorrow, it may be a rather long day depending on availability to see the the Doctors. My schedule revolves around Nicks and how he is feeling on any given day. It has gotten better as he doesn't "need" me here all the time. In fact I think it helps him to feel more self reliant.

It seems lately everywhere we go people are striking up conversations with us.....they will ask Nick what happened (most people ask if he was in a car accident). Nick will tell them he has cancer and why he wears the brace. I hear him testify how God is working in our lives in so many ways. The miracles that we have seen take place so far. I am never more proud of him as I watch and listen when he speaks about the faith he has in our Lord and Savour. I watch him, standing there, in that uncomfortable brace, fatigue from the radiation, knowing he is unsure about the future, but still testifying about the goodness, love and grace of our Heavenly Father. It is an awesome thing!

God continues to give us strength, sometimes it is hard to realize that in the midst of the storm. But through His divine power we are strengthened with the endurance that we will need. Some days finding my joy is like finding a needle in a haystack....but I know God is glorified when I am joyful. It is a choice, the best choice!! We didn't chose cancer, we don't want to have to go through this, but we are on this path, and we CAN and DO choose to walk it with our Father at the helm of it all, hand in hand with our amazing friends and family who embrace us always, glorifying the Lord always!

Psalm 34:3 Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 86:12 I will praise you, O Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

Romans 15:6 so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Say these verses out loud and know you made God smile!!

Glorifying HIM Always,

The Badidas



3 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog post. This is absolute magic from you! I have never seen a more wonderful post than this one. You've really made my day today with this. I hope you keep this up!
    cash for cars brisbane
    cash for car brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your excellent post. This is a great job. I have enjoyed reading your post first time. I want to say thanks for this post. Thank you.
    cash for cars logan

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one
    srcap car removal
    car scrappers brisbane

    ReplyDelete