Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, July 12th 2010

Nick's headache has subsided after receiving a transfusion. He had gotten anemic. He will have his procedure tomorrow to remove the wound vac and close the area. The site looks good. He enjoyed seeing some of you who came to visit yesterday.

The pathology report is back and unfortunately the tumor doesn't appear to be responding to the radiation treatment. Not the news we were wanting to hear. What we will be in prayer for is that the part of the tumor Dr. Pirris removed on Wednesday will not grow back as quickly as before and Nick will have enough time to heal so he can begin chemo. But they still have to work on getting that tumor to stop growing. They will re-visit the possibility of doing a boost of radiation in the area. The problem is how close that tumor is to the spinal cord if any radiation touches the spinal cord it melts it and could cause permanent paralysis. Really what we need here is a miracle. We are still very hopeful and we have reason to be. The Doctors are working very hard. Prayers needed for a very fast healing of the wound, no additional infections, finances, emotional peace for Nick.

Although, today left me feeling shaken and sad, I will continue to declare and trust in the Lord's healing. I put up a very brave front today, as I always do for Nick, but the second I got on that elevator I crumbled. In my flesh I cried out Why? Where are you Lord, I need you? I heard His promise ....I am here and I will never leave you.

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

I am clinging so tightly to those words. I cannot let them go. In them I find the only real peace and comfort that I have come to know. He has chosen us for a reason and I know He is refining us through all of this. In our flesh we get very tired, sad, lonely even angry.....But in God's grace will always find joy, protection, encouragement and peace. Hallelujah!!

I always want to thank you for you prayers and encouragement. You really have no idea how much they mean to us especially at this point when we are so weary. We appreciate each of you and thank God for bringing such truly tender people into our lives.

He Is With You Always,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment