Thursday, July 15, 2010

Update: Thursday July 15th, 2010

Good Morning,

It looks like our patient will get to come home sometime today. You know he cannot wait!! He will come home with a PICC and have IV drip anti-biotic administered twice a day (each dose takes about 1-1/2 hours to complete) for 6 weeks. He will also have one drain in his back from the recent surgeries. Probably will have that for about a week before removing. Also, until he gets off the steroids completely (if ever) we will have to monitor his blood sugar and give him insulin. We will have home health care this go round to assist me in what to do.

Nick and I were talking yesterday about the mental and emotional tiredness we have been feeling so heavily this last week. We know it is to be expected, but also we know God wants us to rest our minds. As God would have it, my devotional (Everyday Comfort) this morning is called "Rest". I love how He encourages me!! His timing is perfect!

The verse was Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Now I have read, written and prayed that verse many times before. But it really pierced my heart this morning. God doe not want us to feel so weary and burdened. Not only does He want us to rest;He insists on it! He never intends for us to be so exhausted in our body and soul. The devotional ended with this, which I just loved: Ask God to show you where you can open up some time to rest your body and nourish your soul, close your eyes, and relax in His comforting arms. Just writing that brings me peace.

When we are going through trials in our lives we have to keep ourselves renewed. It is SO hard, especially when the trials last a long time and the outcome sometimes look very grim. We have to ask God to help us find those times, even if they are short, when we can rest our body and mind. It is His desire for us. I thank Him and glorify right now for sending this message to me. I will pray to be obedient to His word and to know when I am weary, I can find rest in Him and Him alone.

Please continue to pray for a healing miracle to fall upon Nick. Praying away all infections, and rest for us all, and for God to open doors in areas needed in our life right now. Thank you! We love you!

Resting in Him,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment