Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010

It is been just over a week since the oncologist appointment and the not so good news, but because of the strength, guidance and protection of our Heavenly Father we are continuing to push forward and witness to all God's goodness.

So much is changing in our lives so quickly, especially our priorities. I mean with everything. I am almost embarrassed when I think about the "things" that I used to find so important. Things that I sought after that I thought gave me value and self worth in the eyes of others. Things that don't matter at all to us now. For us the freedom has come in knowing that our value and self-worth lies only in the eyes of our Savour.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting or having nice things. But we (me and Nick) have been guilty of letting those things take priority over our relationship with God. He already blesses us with so much. Why would we want more when He is ALL we need? I don't understand why it takes something like a prognosis of terminal cancer to make us realize what "things" really matter. I don't care what kind of counter tops are in my kitchen anymore. I just want my husband standing there laughing, sitting his coffee down on them, and sharing in sweet conversation with me every morning. I don't care that my wood floors....well are wood, as long as Nick is here to walk across them fifty times a day. Please know I am sharing MY heart and how God is transforming me (us) through this process. He always fills the desires of our hearts.

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Here is what I know, I see my husband transforming in such an amazing way. Nick is in the battle for his life. That is the "thing" that is most important to us. He is a strong man with a testimony that I feel certain can change lives. He is a walking witness to glory of the Lord. That he is even able to find his joy, laughter and determination is a miracle in itself.

Joy, peace, health, family, real contentment and above all else a relationship with Jesus...these are the things that matter most to us now.

I cannot end without always telling you ,that we love you so much and praise God for you daily. Thank you for holding our hands, wiping away the tears and always supporting us with something that really is important to us, your love and prayers.

In the Loving Name of Jesus,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment