Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday August 9th, 2010

What a week!!Some of it good, some of it not so good. Friday we had a visit with the P.A. at the oncologists office to discuss all the info regarding Nick taking the chemotherapy. A three hour appointment. We will have it delivered here this week (Tuesday or Wednesday) and Nick will start taking it that day. As with any chemo drug there are side effects. Some harsh, some mild. It really all depends on how Nick's body responds to it. He was also referred to a therapist that deals with cancer patients. He agreed to go, I was glad. He is already taking something for anxiety,but the doctor said it is a good idea to add a mild anti-depressant as well. We still live day to day. He trys to get out a much as he feels up to it. He slept all day today and barely ate. But Friday and Saturday he ate really good. So his appetite is up and down. Calling all my prayers we need to pray that the chemo will be kind to his body.

We have been talking a lot this week about the battle we are in. We know it is getting tougher.Some days seeming to be more then we can handle. We need to remember that God is there fighting by our side and that we are not facing the enemy alone. We just have to let Him lead and trust Him. And on the days we let go and let God, and I mean totally, are some of our best days. Then why don't we do it everyday? We were thinking maybe because we are a little hard-headed? LOL.

I was reading a devotional today that said "it is all right to take a break and let Him carry you for a while". God will lead the way...when we get out of His way!! I feel as though our Savour has been preparing us for this battle for a while. Just looking at how much we have grown spiritually and what a relationship we have with our Heavenly Father right now, my heart feels such sweet joy. Psalm 24:8 Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.

I know from the letters and emails I recieve, there are many others who are facing thier own battles right now. I pray you to can be encouraged as we are, knowing that our Sovereign Lord is beside you every step of the way fighting on your behalf and will not stop until the battle has been won.

Psalm 18:32-34 It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights.
He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze. (
I LOVE these verses)

We love you sweet friends and family and we know you are all there too helping us fight this battle with your love, support and prayers! I will send a quick post on the day Nick starts taking the medicene.

He Is With You,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment