Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday, September 23rd, 2010

I want to start by saying the support system that the Lord has put in place for us....is well AMAZING!! I am in awe of so many friends and family and their continuous support, love and prayers. It is truly the Body of Christ at work.

It is still a bit early to see how/if the meds will help Nick emotionally. He is a bit more lethargic, trouble sleeping, shakiness etc...He is due to double the dosage starting today. We are just praying that it will level out in his system. I miss his spark!! His personality!! He seems kind of numb right now. Breaks my heart.

We were scheduled for an appointment tomorrow at Mayo with the wound care Doctor. But they rescheduled it for next week to see how much fluid will build up. A blessing to have no appointments this week!!

I feel like we have been ninety to nothing since May 7th, one thing after the next, Now we have slowed down, almost stopped. Some physical exhaustion kicking in. It is amazing how much the human body can really endure. But I can't complain. The Lord has really blessed me and Aaron with strength and energy most days, much more than what my husband has had.

Now may be the time to rest! I can hear God whisper "Come, My weary daughter, and I will give you rest". He gives us calm during the storms. He allows us time that we can rest our minds and our bodies.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."


I have heard this verse many times, but now it has significant meaning to me. What better place to go and find peaceful rest than in the comfort of His arms? God is asking us to come to Him....why not take Him up on that amazing offer!! To be able to ease our minds of our to-do lists, busy schedules, silly things that occupy space in our head, and to truly find that peaceful rest.

I really liked the way the Amplified version of this verse is written:

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]
Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls.
For My yoke is wholesome (useful, good--not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and My burden is light and easy to be borne.

There are many days my soul needs to be relieved and refreshed (really everyday!). It is not always easy to clear our mind from life's daily grind. I will frequently ask God to help clear my mind of needless thoughts and fill me with only thoughts of His peace and comfort. This is something am praying for me and my family to be more faithful with, so we can be renewed and strengthen everyday in the Lord and not in the things of this world. I have relied on the strength of this world to renew my mind many times before only to have my mental and physical energy quickly become depleted. It is only when I came to the Lord for my refuge, that my body and mind are restored and rested. Hallelujah!!!


I am so thankful to the Lord for answering prayers of healing for some dear friends this week. A big AMEN!!! Trusting in the Lord to take care of those who are continuing to struggle through difficult situations. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13

Resting in His Arms,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment