Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grieving in a Different Way

Hi Friends,

I hope you all are enjoying your summer so far. We had a fun, but tiring trip touring colleges. It is an exciting time for sure. I cannot wait to see what the Lord has in store for Aaron and his friends.

I must confess that is was different coming back home from this trip. I noticed the house had a weird emptiness to it. We arrived home late Wednesday and Aaron went on to church, so it was just me here, unpacking. I sat on my bed and began to cry. The loneliness of not having Nick here hit me hard. We had always taken trips together as a family, and would talk for days about our adventures when we returned home, sharing our excitement about things, especially when it came to Aaron. I think that is the hardest part for me. Knowing of Nick's love for Aaron and how he longed to be here to see him graduate, go to college and be a part of the many things that we as parents find great joy in.

I cannot encourage you enough to make those sweet memories, let go of the small stuff, and just really try and enjoy each day. It sounds so cliche' I know, but it so true. Many do not realize how much they have to be thankful for.

Life goes on, we are still "learning to live" and God is always there to guide our steps and clear a path for us. I enjoy writing it has become very therapeutic. Being able to write about and share openly what is on my heart is a gift. You all encourage me continuously with your comments on my caretaking articles. Thank you!!

I have heard people say you never stop grieving, you just do it in a different way as time goes on. I understand that more and more.

I just read this this morning: "Your days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God's grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God's grace."

Blessings,

Tammy

New article posted today:
http://shannonmillerlifestyle.com/my-journey/you-vs-home-healthcare

No comments:

Post a Comment