Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5th, 2011

Hope you all had a safe and joyful fourth of July!! Aaron and I met up with some of our friends in Amelia Island for dinner and to watch the fireworks. It has become a tradition for us. I think we have been going there every July 4th for about the last seven years or so. We really enjoy it!

Of course with every "first" holiday that comes around we think about Nick and what we did last year together. He was pretty sick this time last year and could not make the festivities,but insisted Aaron and I go. I remember before we left to go to Amelia last year, Nick wanted some ice cream at the very last minute (it's funny what you remember.) So of course we scurried up to the store and got him some. My man loved him some ice cream!

I can remember sitting on that beach last 4th of July, watching the fireworks and wondering if Nick would be here this year to celebrate with us. Even though sadly he was not, we knew he would want us to be right there last night, just like we had done all those years before with him. He is the one that started that tradition for us!

It is yet another step I feel in "learning to live." Doing some things that may feel sad, or different for now, but still doing them. Working and praying our way through each situation that we face, and keeping our faith right where it needs to be..... with God.

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;my hope comes from him.
Psalm 62:5





Thank you for continuing to follow my journey through my blogs and my Caretaking articles. Both are very important to me and are labor of love from my heart.



Blessings Always, Tammy



http://shannonmillerlifestyle.com/my-journey/can-we-really-be-guilt-free








No comments:

Post a Comment