Sunday, October 16, 2011

October 16th, 2011



Everything in this life is a gift: "Every good and perfect gift is from a above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows." James 1:17. I know I recently referred to this verse in another blog I posted. It seems to keep circling back as reminder to me lately.

It's funny how we can receive a gift from someone and we instantly become so excited, thankful and joyful. Wouldn't those same emotions be great to pour out into each of our days? Excited to see what God has in store for us, thankful for the opportunities that He presents us with, and joyful to be able to experience it all.

I know that many days in life are just plain difficult. Believe me, I will celebrate the day this roller-coaster of emotions I am on finally slows down. You have to make that choice of how you are going to live through those trying days. I am not saying don't cry, yell, scream, or whatever you need to do to release the plethora of emotions that can build up inside of you...but also try not to become dependent on the negative for too long. You have to be able to mix in some positive stuff! Many days it is tough to find that balance in my own life, but at the very least, I want to try.

One of the most encouraging things that comes with each new day is it offers us the chance to begin again. Psalm 30:5 tells us "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime;weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

So maybe you have a bad day today, tomorrow you will have a fresh, new start. The bad days I have make me so much more thankful for the good ones. Find something today that makes you excited, thankful or joyful and praise the Lord for giving you that gift.

Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway. ~Mary C. Crowley

Blessings Always,

Tammy



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the sweet encouragement! A little "Nugget "theology! : )

    ReplyDelete