Monday, November 21, 2011

November 21st, 2011





It is hard to believe Thanksgiving is here. I can still remember every part of our day together last year and I am very thankful for those memories. It is a bittersweet time of year to say the least. But in the midst of the sadness there is much joy and many reasons to be thankful. Although, I will say many of my reasons this year are pretty different from years gone by.

This year, I feel as if we are entering Thanksgiving with the attitude of King David in 2 Samuel 7.

  Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said “Who am I, Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? And as if this were not enough in your sight, Sovereign LORD, you have also spoken about the future of the house of your servant—and this decree, Sovereign LORD, is for a mere human! “What more can David say to you? For you know your servant, Sovereign LORD.For the sake of your word and according to your will, you have done this great thing and made it known to your servant.


First and foremost I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and His constant love and guidance in my life.

I am thankful that my husband is no longer suffering and is whole again resting in the arms of his Maker. (even though I miss him terribly).

I am so very thankful that we are healthy. 

I am thankful that we are surviving this year. I pray it is the hardest one we will ever know.

I am so thankful for the friends and family that have poured into a 17 year old boy's life after losing his father, the people who have loved him unconditionally through what I hope will be the most difficult time in his life. I thank God for you and your compassion. You have left a footprint in my heart. 

I am thankful for the family and friends who have stood by me, without questions or judgment, and just accepted me just as I am, those who have plainly and simply loved me through the pain and never gave up on me. 

I am thankful for the friend, who without fail, has sent me a card every single week since losing my husband. She has no idea how those cards provide a pick-me-up every week. Even Aaron looks forward to them!

I am thankful for the friend that has lovingly and fiercely poured into me with God's word.

I am so thankful and blessed to have the opportunity to write and share about my healing journey. It is truly a gift to be able to write down what's on my heart and mind, and try to glorify God in the process. I am  truly thankful for the support I continue to receive, it is a great source of encouragement for me. It has been a joyful surprise, and one that I am very thankful for, to also be able to write above and beyond my blog for SML. I am blessed by that opportunity.

I am thankful for the new relationships that are edifying, encouraging and loving.  My heart always has a place for a new friend. 

And of course, I am very thankful that we have a roof over our heads, a safe place to sleep at night and food on our table. But the real blessings this year do not come from "things." Instead, they have come from the people in my life. I have learned so much, hopefully grown a lot, and just feel truly thankful for the angels in my life who even ten months later, when the dust has settled and the pain is still gripping, never let go! You are not only an earthly gem, but I think God sees you as a heavenly one as well.

I pray that you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy those you love, while sharing delicious food, wonderful stories and great memories. Make this a time of real thanksgiving and fellowship. For those with loved ones who are no longer here to celebrate.....cling tightly to those loving and sweet memories in your heart, they are yours to treasure.

May God bless you all,

Tammy 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment