Monday, November 14, 2011

November 15th, 2011

Hello sweet family and friends,

Hope you all are doing well! I am not sure I have told you this in a while but I appreciate your constant love and prayers in my life as I continue to rebuild and heal! You rock!

I wanted to share with you about a Wednesday morning journey I have been on for a couple of months now.

I have felt so blessed to be able to attend a woman's Bible study at Celebration Church on Wednesday mornings called Sisterhood. Those of you who know me well know I love me some Bible studies and fellowshipping with other women. When I think back to that first Wednesday a couple of months ago, I can remember feeling a little apprehensive about attending and committing to a new study. I was little startled by the way I was feeling, but I thought I would give it shot, go when I could, meet a few new ladies, and get through it. Ha! I should have known better than that!

We have been studying a series called "Ancient Wisdom, Modern Life", a study of 1 Corinthians. I always take a lot of notes, but I remembered writing down, underlining and highlighting something Pastor Kerri said that has stuck with me throughout this study, she said "Find God's rhythm for your life." I think that resonated so much for me because it made me realize that I had gotten out of rhythm in my own life with a few things.

In many ways, the past couple of months at this study had allowed me to recognize just how out of sync I was. I hadn't been engaged in studying the Word as diligently as I had before, I hadn't been fellowshipping and building new relationships, and I hadn't been planting fresh seeds. As we near the final study this Wednesday, however, I'm amazed at how much all of that has changed since diving back into the Bible. It was purely a case of bringing the body and having the mind follow.

I really just positioned myself in a place where God could speak to me, and I was blessed by meeting some incredible women and being fed wisdom that I could apply to my life. It was an awesome experience, one that allowed me to be in an environment where I could grow spiritually and even leave my comfort zone a little bit. I was right where I was supposed to be on Wednesday mornings!

Giving God the opportunity to move in your life through studying His word can help you get in tune with His rhythm. It can help you feel that balance spiritually, emotionally and physically. This doesn't mean life won't come without it's share of disappointments, but we can better equip ourselves to handle them when they do.

As I continue on this journey I am constantly reminded that my Heavenly Father provides a warm blanket of love and protection for me, (for all of us) daily. That even through the sorrow of loss God will shine through and bring hope and life.

 Be encouraged! 

Blessings Always,

Tammy

1 comment:

  1. Music to my ear! Nothing beats studying the Word together!

    It seems like so many are hurting today. We are up against many different kinds of battles. There is a way to get through it, but step one includes discipline and obedience, amen? (Are we talking about bible study or dieting? haha :)

    I pray He continues to bless you and give you the rhythm that only HE CAN GIVE!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete