Monday, February 26, 2024

A Refresh


There are many days your soul needs to be relieved and refreshed (really everyday!). It is not always easy to clear your mind from life's daily grind, especially when you are grieving.
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
This verse just hits different for me now. I have read, written and prayed that verse many times before. God does not want us to feel so weary, burdened and wore out. Not only does He want us to rest; He insists on it!
When we are going through trials in our lives we need to try and to keep ourselves renewed, physically, mentally and spiritually. But gosh that is just SO hard at times, especially when the trials last a long time and the outcome sometimes is heart breaking.


Ask God to help you find those moments of reprieve, even if they are short, when you can rest your body and mind. It is His desire for us. Praying you will find those moments on your grief journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment