Monday, November 29, 2010

Update Monday, November 29th 2010

We went to Mayo for the first time in a while today for labs and to meet with our new oncologist Dr. Dyer, a wonderful, christian doctor, we feel blessed to have him. Very compassionate, but also very thorough. He is pleased with Nick's progress so far and although the conclusion always leads back to not many options available...we know there is one that remains... A MIRACLE HEALING! which is what I told Dr. Dyer we are believing in.

We have become very adaptable to all the changes taking place in our lives. Some really good ones, and some not so much. We have come to realize that we are going to have days that we feel like we are in the pit, and that's ok, we know our Lord is still right there with us, ready to help us out all we have to do is call upon His name.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

The amazing (g)RACE!! I feel like this best describes our life right now. The amazing part of course is Christ and all His love and grace, that without fail, He pours over us everyday and the constant transformation in us that desires a closer walk with Him. The race is the daily things we face with this disease, the emotional ups & downs, the physical changes, doctors appts etc. and along the way we have pit stops,(we love the pit stops) Church, praying friends & family, sweet time spent together laughing, and all those little things that God fills our lives with, that don't seem so little anymore. Some days are like an easy sprint, Nick feels good, Aaron had a great day, the birds are singing, and so on! And then some days feel like a marathon, exhausting, never-ending, a lot of crying....we cherish the pit stops on those days. Let's not forget the detours, those are the days we try to take control and think we got it all figured out and then.......BAM! God has a totally different plan, sometimes we get it and sometimes we don't, we have to trust and submit that it is always a better plan because it came from our Heavenly Father. There will be a finish line and one day, in some way, we will reach it and when we do what a day that will be!!

Our next appointment will be December 9th.Very important appointment to Nick. It is with Dr. Pirris, the neurologist to get results of the CT. Nick will have a CT Scan on December 8th to check for any bone fusion. PLEASE pray for fusion. I do not think there is a day that goes by Nick doesn't talk about not having to wear that brace. I had a sweet friend say to me that she is praying for Nick to be able to take that brace off and dance. Let me just say it would be a very happy dance for us all.

Tomorrow I will have the privilege ( it IS such a privilege for me) of celebrating Nick's 53rd Birthday with him and I just want to say "thank you Lord for blessing me with this man."
and thank you friends and family for running this race with us. We will see you at the finish line!

Always In Our Hearts,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment