Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday, January 29th, 2011

At about 3:10 PM today, on a beautiful, sunny Saturday, Nick went to be with the Lord.

He was surrounded by me, Erika, and Aaron; we all had our hands on him, and each of us told him we loved him. It wasn't but moments after that he took his final breath and escaped this suffering he had endured for so very long. The nurse pressed her stethoscope to his chest, looked at us, and said that he was "Walking the streets of gold now."

Our prayer had always been that we would be there by his side, and that he would go peacefully. The Lord blessed us with these prayers today.

This has been such a long, long journey. The sadness is surreal. We smile when we think about him in heaven, but our hearts grieve when we think about what an incredible man we lost.

As soon as the arrangements have been finalized, we will update. Nick's request was to be cremated, and we do know that the memorial service will be next Saturday, February 5th, at Chets Creek Church off Hodges. We will have the times and details soon.

We were given the gift of time, so most of the arrangments have already been made. The next few days are really just going to be a time for us to rest, cry, laugh, and spend time together.

You have all been so faithful and steadfast in your walk with us, and we thank you for never letting go. We look forward to celebrating Nick's life and testimony with you all.

"Sweet Beulah Land"

I'm kind of homesick for a country
To which I've never been before;
No sad goodbyes will there be spoken,
And time won't matter any more.

Beulah land ... I'm longing for you,
And, some day, on thee I'll stand;
There my home shall be eternal.
Beulah land ... sweet Beulah land.

I'm looking now across the river
Where my faith will end in sight;
There's just a few more days to labor,
And then I'll take my heavenly flight.

Beulah land ... I'm longing for you,
And, some day, on thee I'll stand;
There my home shall be eternal.
Beulah land ... sweet Beulah land.

Praise the Lord that Nick longs no more.

The Badidas

2 comments:

  1. There will be no sadness. No sorrow. No trouble he'll see Their will be price I'm the Valley for Nick. Let us know if we can do anything at all. We love you all very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I have many words and thoughts, too many to write. Please know that you and the children are in my prayers. Thank goodness Nick is free of the pain. Love always, Sheri

    ReplyDelete