Saturday, January 8, 2011

Update Saturday, January 8th, 2011

Prayers today for pain relief. It is awful. Yesterday Nick slept most of the day. I would wake him up to try and eat/drink or occasionally the pain would wake him up. Today about every 5-10 mins he is grabbing his shoulder, pleading for some relief. The Doctor was here, so she was able to see his pain and has decided to switch his pain medication to something else since he is not getting the relief he should have by now on the Morphine. They have to order the new meds, it will take a bit to get it here. In the mean time they are working on keeping him as comfortable as possible with some anxiety medicene.

As I see this progress, I know he is where he needs to be. We have such a sweet, Godly nurse today, Donna. We just had a great conversation about walking with the Lord. Jesus knew I needed her today.

I will update later this evening after we see if the new medicene is working. In closing I would ask that you pray specifically for the Dilaudid (new pain med) to relieve Nicks pain and quickly. What I am seeing this morning just makes me so sad for him, but I trusting that our Heavenly Father will bring Nick the comfort he needs and that we all want for him.

The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. Psalm 145:14

In The Name Of The LORD,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment