Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday January 12th, 2011 update

New day....new stuff!! Let me first say the pain is more controlled as long as Nick doesn't move, any movement of that right arm brings the pain on. Stillness is the key right now. The Doctor is making no changes in the meds today and will continue to watch his pain levels.

I noticed after being here a bit Nick started looking flushed and I saw his forehead sweating, so I got the nurse to take his temperature and he does have a fever. Not sure what is causing it yet, but they will continue to watch it, and treat it with tylenol.

Other than that he is just sleeping away, a little agitated today, but that could be the fever. Breakfast seems to be when he eats the most. He was not to interested in lunch today.

His personality still shines through. I was rubbing his arm yesterday and he took my hand and kissed it. He will occasionally just pucker up his lips if I am sitting on the bed with him for a smooch. You can put those times in a box with a big red bow, because those moments are sweet gifts to me and my heart.

It is my priviledge to spend this time with him, and our kids. There are days when I realize I didn't even think about life outside of this room. My heart knows that one day I won't have this time.

BUT.....I do think about the prayers and love given to us daily by all of you and that brings me joy and comfort as I continue on this journey.

I will continue to update as needed. Please pray for Nicks fever to break and for the cause of it to be revealed if need be.

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to proclaim your unfailing love in the morning, your faithfulness in the evening." Psalm 92:1-2 (NLT)

In The Sweet Name Of Jesus,

The Badidas

No comments:

Post a Comment