Saturday, May 14, 2011

May 14th, 2011

Wow! It has been a while since I last posted. I have missed you all. The last time I posted, I wrote about packing up Nick's things. I have not done that yet, it just hasn't been quite the right time yet. No rush! I will know when it is.

Since my last post, Easter and Mother's day have come and gone. I am sure I do not need to tell you how bittersweet any occasion is now, especially anything having to do with Aaron. The thing is, I am starting to notice so many of the little Nick-isms in Aaron now and I have to say I love it.

God never allows me to sit for to long until He is moving and shaking things up in my life!! He knows what I need to heal and to survive, and that is what I am doing. I feel like I am proceeding cautiously, but optimistically, lifting every thing up in prayer and waiting on that divine guidance.

One of the doors that has recently opened is an amazing opportunity to write about my journey as a caretaker. There is so much on my heart that I want to share that can hopefully help so many others facing that challenging roll in their own lives.

I am so excited to share that I am part of the team of Shannon Miller Lifestyle. I know I have sent many of you the link to the site that my articles will eventually be on. However, many of my blog followers are not a part of the Facebook/Twitter world, so I wanted to share the link with you as well and invite you to continue on this new journey with me.


Please be sure to check out "My Journey" at SML, as well as many other great lifestyle resources:
http://shannonmillerlifestyle.com/my-journey/the-role-of-caretaker-during-cancer

You may have also noticed that Aaron and I have given this blog a new title, "Learning To Live!" Nick was the reason I began this blog, and to be able to continue to write and talk about a subject that is so close to my heart is like carrying on with something that Nick left behind for me. He is just as much a part of this now, perhaps more than ever. I know he would be so proud of me...tears!

In closing, I wanted to share that I was blessed to have had the opportunity to attend the Shine 2011 Women's Conference at Celebration Church this past week. There were many amazing speakers there, but one particular morning, Kerri Weems shared a message called "Living in the Epic." One of the points she made was about friends: you have the friends you can reach up to, the friends you can reach out to that stand alongside you, and the friends you can reach back to (those you can pull up). I'm sharing this with you all because, in one way or another, you have stood beside me, you have reached up to me, and all the more so, you have reached back to me to pull me up.

The picture of that in my mind is the most beautiful portrait of the interconnected body of Christ.

My heart never forgets the love and support I've been given and continue to receive.

Until next time...be blessed, be joyful, and know you are loved.

Tammy Badida

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for commenting about SHINE 2011 -- hope you will come to SHINE 2012. Thank you for reaching back to those who will be encouraged by your story. Kerri Weems

    ReplyDelete