Thursday, December 29, 2011

December 29th, 2011





From December 29th 2010 blog:

God is certainly showering me and Aaron with His peace and His supernatural strength.How else could we be doing this? This journey requires us to walk so closely with our Heavenly Father and clinging to His promise to carry us and sustain us through anything.

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

On this day last year Nick was transferred into hospice, and it was without a doubt the most difficult transition of this journey. When I go back and read, I am always amazed how a year later the words I wrote back then are the same words I would still want write today. He did sustain us then as He continues to sustain us now. 

January 1st marks the official new year for everyone. For many, it is simply a time to change the calendar, but for others, the new year can represent a renewed hope. In my heart, I do not think my new year will begin until January 30th. That date signifies to me I have made it, I have survived the " year of firsts" without my husband. As that time approaches I can see myself standing at the threshold looking back, remembering all that God has brought me through, but also eagerly looking forward to all He has in store for me. 


This blog has been an immense source of healing for me. It is a treasure that I have been able to write openly and honestly with you all about my journey over the past year. Although, I know it was very sad to read at times, I hope you were able to see the true love story between a husband and wife. I pray you saw the strength of the Lord carry us through our grief and even provide us with laughter and joy along the way. 


I will continue to update on my journey periodically throughout 2012, but my passion and direction for this blog is changing and I am excited!  I look forward to sharing the stories of others. I have had the priviledge of meeting and befriending a few brave survivors, either recently diagnosed, in the midst of an illness, or "learning to live" after an illness or losing a loved one. My desire is to share their stories of hope and determination with you and to put a face with each of the stories. I can speak from my own experience of how sharing your story with others can bring comfort and healing. I will have more information to share on "F.A.C.E.S. (Fighting Against Cancer with Extraordinary Strength) " coming very soon. 


I want to wish you all a very blessed 2012 and thank you for supporting "Learning to Live" I look forward to having you all and many more on board next year as I know God has big things planned for F.A.C.E.S. 


Blessings,


Tammy 







  



No comments:

Post a Comment