Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3rd, 2012





Happy New Year everyone! I am looking forward to 2012 with so much hope and anticipation.

I have received several responses and questions about my last blog and my new venture. I cannot tell you how my heart jumps out of my chest every time I take a step forward on this. I do feel led to help others in their journey of "learning to live," and that is where F.A.C.E.S. (Fighting Against Cancer with Extraordinary Strength) comes in. I love to write, and I know the part it has played in my healing over the past year, so nothing thrills my heart more than to know I can help someone else on their journey through telling their story. 

I think pretty much every nightly prayer over the last year has included asking God for His guidance and direction in my life, for Him to show me the way and for doors of opportunity to be opened. F.A.C.E.S. has ignited a fire in my heart and a drive in me that I haven't felt for a long time. I never thought of myself in this role. I was terrified to approach anything that had to do with cancer after losing Nick. That's why I know the Lord must have His hand over this, because that fear has been replaced with a desire to reach out and grab the hand of others who have been on or are on a life-changing path that involves cancer.   

F.A.C.E.S. will highlight inspirational stories of men and woman who have cancer, have fought cancer, or have lost someone to cancer. I want their stories to portray the beauty, fight, and determination of  learning to live through their struggles and put a face with their story. I have learned sometimes the real stories are often shared through the expressions of the laughter and the tears. These will be real stories of hope from ordinary people who are becoming extraordinary through their journey. 

I will feature the stories here, just like I do my own personal updates (and will continue to do that from time to time). I hope to have the first F.A.C.E.S. story up within the next couple of weeks. You may know of someone that has an inspirational story to share, if so, I would love to connect with them. 

As always thank you for your continued support it means so much to me. 

Blessings Always,

Tammy 


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great project. We have a number of people in our church with cancer right now. And, we keep a "cancer prayer list" in our bulletin for people all over that we hear have cancer. I'll will point them to oyur blog when your stories start.

    Enjoyed the visit. You have a very good blog. wb

    ReplyDelete